Keys Community Commitment
It will take all of us working together to help prevent the spread of disease.
We appreciate the support of Keys families in ensuring that all students, faculty, and staff participating in Campus-Based Learning comply with all safety measures. We expect that each community member agrees to the commitments listed below in order to be eligible to be on campus. Students and families who are unable to agree to these terms will continue to participate in our distance learning program.
You are agreeing to prioritize your child’s in-person learning… above other activities and in sending your child to Keys for on-campus school, you commit to the following statements.
• We commit to keeping our child(ren) home if sick.
You are expected to keep your child home should they have any symptoms of illness, (e.g., cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, headache, muscle ache, loss of taste and/or smell, chills, excessive fatigue, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or abdominal pain, or fever. The SCCDPH requires that students stay home for 72 hours following resolution of a fever and may return with proof of a negative COVID-test or a medical note if testing is not performed, pgs 21-22.)
• We commit to keeping our child(ren) home for 14 days if they are exposed to COVID-19 or COVID-like symptoms or with proof of a negative COVID test.
• We commit to alerting Keys should our child(ren) or someone in our household tests positive for COVID-19 or is showing COVID-19 like symptoms.
• We will make every effort to quarantine in place for 14 days before returning to campus when there has been a potential risk of exposure.
remaining home as much as possible, cognizant of travel, and avoiding crowds and people outside our immediate family. Questions/concerns about these requirements should be directed to Betsy Doss (Head of Lower School) or Larry Purcell (Head of Middle School).
• We commit to submitting the daily at-home online health screening Visitu app.
We will make time each morning before arrival to gather and report accurate information each day.
• We commit to carpooling only with Keys students who are within our cohort or family.
• We commit to maintaining physical distancing and mask/cloth face-covering guidelines outside of school and outside of our immediate family to reduce the risk of bringing the infection to the Keys community.
In order to keep our community safe, please refrain from group gatherings, contact sports, and other high-risk activities. The combination of physical distancing, wearing a cloth face covering, and frequent hand-washing are our greatest ways of reducing viral transmission.
- We will prioritize getting a flu vaccine this fall, unless we have a medical reason not to.
- We commit to following all requirements for health and safety at school, including providing our child(ren) with cloth face masks or humanity face shields consistent with Keys mask guidelines. Please make sure your child knows how to put on and take off the mask and that the cloth face mask fits properly, fully covering the nose and mouth.
- We will show compassion, care, and respect for other members of the community
Thank you for respecting these commitments. We’re all in this together!
take all of us working together to ensure we prevent the spread of the disease.